|Enrlich's Reagent Chemical Name : 4-Dimethylaminobenzaldehyde Molecular Formula : C9H11NO Physical & Chemical Properties
Handling & Storage Handling
- Physical state & Appearance: Slightly yellow crystals.
- Vapor Pressure: 0.00368 mm Hg @ 250C
- Vapor Density: 5.15 (air=1)
- Boiling Point: 176 - 1770C @ 17 mmHg
- Freezing/Melting Point: 740C
- Solubility: 2.18g/l@25°C
- Molecular Weight: 149.19 g/mol.
- Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse.
- Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation.
- Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Avoid breathing dust.
- Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
- Store protected from light. Storage under inert gas has been recommended.
Pack Size Available in 125 ml.
- Used as a simple spottest to presumptively identify alkaloids.
- It is primarily used to identify indoles, and a consumer kit can be bought for the testing of psychoactive indole containing drugs like psilocybin.